PDA

View Full Version : Blandford Fly Terror

Dragonian
4th November 2013, 21:22
Well, last week I was clearing some bushes etc in the garden, only to be bitten on left side of my nose by the dreaded Blandford fly, and it swelled my nose up to double the size near to the eye; got treated within 30 mins, and during the night went back to normal...

Now, I've a thumb joint infection which has doubled in size after another insect bite and boy it's painful; like a broken bone experience: was doing the garden again, and me strongly thinks it was the dreaded blandford fly as it's done this dastardly deed before and on my dear wife who still has the scars a year on. I've an urgent hospital Consultant's appointment about it tomorrow, again, and they may keep me in for the night on a saline drip to try and reduce the abscess which is around the thumb joint if no improvement has been made from the drugs (soft kind!)! The hospital did an xray yesterday, and it wasn't broken! Oh for a decent nights sleep!

HarryM
5th November 2013, 13:44
cam imagine the pain; hope you're OK!

shaz
7th November 2013, 11:27
yes, they're nasty critters and I've been scared by the swelling of the bites, and it's really painful 2. Hope you recover!

CoffeeDude
7th November 2013, 15:29
why did they have to spread out beyond Blandford?